Support The Bedford Devil
Want to be a producer (even for $10)? Help The Bedford Devil become a success, and you could see your name on the big screen… and even more. Our IndieGoGo campaigns have ended, but we could still use your help. Read below for more information, or…
Send Your Support Now
Make your check payable to:
Bedford Devil Movie, LLC
Send checks to:
701 S. Howard Ave.
Tampa FL 33606
We’re On Our Way
Thanks to the fine folks who helped in our first development campaign, we’ve already done some of the things we said we would, such as:
- Incorporating theatre and other out-of-the-industry techniques (like gasp rehearsing!) to make filming more efficient;
- Bringing in the right people to do what they’re trained to do (e.g. skilled actors, good sound folks so the camera people could focus on, well, the cameras, etc.); and
- Planning. Lots and lots of planning.
And thanks to the foks who helped in our post production campaign, we’ve been able to:
- Make a down payment on our music composer;
- Get the ball rolling on our editing; and
- Complete ADR.
What’s This Mean?
The Bedford Devil marks our first short narrative film, and more importantly, the first step to fulfilling our mission to raise the bar on modern storytelling through indie film.
Once The Bedford Devil is finished, we will have a calling card to show what we’re capable of. Then, we can get the funding we’ll need to make movies in the big leagues that will:
- Earn a return for our investors;
- Help us take over the (film) world; and
- Give you a warm fuzzy feeling by knowing you helped us start it all. You’ll be one of those people standing smugly on some stranger’s yacht, a martini in your hand, saying things like, “Ah, yes, I remember the boys back when….”
Not bad for $10, huh?
The Home Stretch
This is where we need your help, not only to get The Bedford Devilcompleted, but to be a true cornerstone in the foundation of Kitefliers Studios.
You might be thinking, “But you finished filming. You’ve run your campaigns. You’re all set, right?”
Mmmm not quite. We still need to get to picture lock, finish the score, color correction, sound effects, and all of the other groovy stuff that distinguishes your Uncle Ted’s home videos from a real movie. That’s called post-production. It’s what separates the cool kids from the dorks.
Then we need other cool people to see it. That’s called distribution. Otherwise, it’d be pretty silly if it just sat on our hard drives to show our friends.
Here’s the final phase of what we need:
|Music Composer and score||$1,000|
|Sound engineering for ADR and foley||$900|
|Technical stuff (hard drives, DVD media)||$600|
|Film Festival submissions (see below for more info.)||$2,000|
|Distribution materials (e.g. press kits, packaging, Web goodies, etc.)||$1,500|
|Post production campaign||-$995|
Thank you simply for reading this far. And a bigger thank you for your support.
Your contribution to The Bedford Devil is just that: a contribution. This is not an investment, and there is no return on the amount you contribute. One day we will have films and projects you may invest in, but first we have to make this to get to that next step.
Our first round of festival submissions are specifically targeting what we consider the top domestic film festivals that include a category for short film. Being awarded in any of the following festivals will make The Bedford Devil eligible for an Academy Award nomination (that’s right the Oscars):
- AFI Fest
- Ann Arbor Film Festival
- Aspen Shortsfest
- Athens Int’l Film Festival
- Atlanta Film Festival
- Austin Film Festival
- Chicago Int’l Film Festival
- Cinequest Film Festival
- Cleveland International Film Festival
- Florida Film Festival
- Los Angeles Film Festival
- Los Angeles Intl. Short Film Festival
- Nashville Film Festival
- Palm Springs Int’l Festival Of Short Films
- Rhode Island International Film Festival
- San Francisco Int’l Film Festival
- Santa Barbara Intl Film Festival
- Seattle International Film Festival (washington)
- Slamdance Film Festival
- South By Southwest
- St. Louis Intl Film Festival
- Sundance Film Festival
- The Hamptons International Film Festival
- Tribeca Film Festival
- USA Film Festival – National Short Film & Video Competition